Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 11, 2008

We are back!

What a long hiatus! It's good to be back. After the last post, I went into the much dreaded bouts of morning sickness which took quite awhile to go completely away. It was madness really! This time I even ‘volunteered’ myself to be admitted for drips when the gastricitis took a turn for the worst. There were moments when I swore that this pregnancy would be my last. Now 3 months ahead, I can look back and wonder what I was thinking?! No doubt the vomiting and discomfort is not something I would like to experience again but having a life growing inside you is a feeling that is indescribable.

Dark clouds aside, now the appetite is growing and I’m putting on weight steadily. Baby has started to perform some kung fu kicks at the most unexpected times. Tummy is decidedly bigger than the first time, so there’s the excuse to buy gorgeous maternity clothes now.

Joshua has also kind of accepted the baby’s arrival. He would acknowledge sharing his seat at coin-operated toy cars with his sibling, but not without being in control of the wheel of course! He has turned to his dad if he still needs to be carried and will not look for me. He has also noticed that my body is changing and wonders why the panties are so big!

My check-ups with the OB have put my fears of a recurring ovarian cyst, to rest. The baby is healthy but still in breech position. He has advised me to go for another c-section as opposed to Virginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC) as the previous cut might re-open during delivery, exposing the baby to severe risk. This is a long-awaited baby and we do not want to risk losing it. On the other hand, I am also keen on a VBAC – a nostalgic want of experiencing natural birth, touted by mothers as the pain of a lifetime!

Anyway… as exciting it is to wait for the coming of this baby, we are anticipating another exciting chapter of our lives. But more on that in the next post.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi there! I don't know your whole story, but doctors often exagerate the risks of uterine rupture. Depending on what kind of incision they made in your uterus with the first cesarean, and how long it has been since then, VBAC is usually considered a safe option. It might be worth looking around for another doctor if you have that option.

Sophia said...

Hi Jessica! Thanks for the advice. I intend to get other docs' opinions on this matter, although I personally do not feel that on the part of my doc, it was an exaggeration as there is still a risk. Suppose we need to deliberate on all options before deciding anything.