Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 18, 2008

To Singapore we go!

Our long awaited exodus from Melaka is finally bearing fruit. I am looking forward to be a stay-at-home-mum (SAHM) and to Josh attending kindy for the first time. Jeff is also feeling the excitement as he starts a different direction in his work. Although it is for a 2 year period but this transfer is a good opportunity for new experiences, environment and who knows where it will take us from there?

With the gestation period of 22 weeks, I am blessed to be mobile and active as I start planning the move. It is getting highly stressful without knowing where we'll be staying before deciding which OB I will be seeing and which kindy Josh will be attending. Logistics planning has never been this stressful!! And the move is catching up fast on us as we plan to go after CNY.

On a different and depressing note, we were robbed last week! Yes, in broad daylight! I was the last to leave that morning and I failed to turn on the house alarm. It was really a fateful day when they entered via the kitchen window. Nothing extremely valuable was taken - we didnt have much things in the house. But I was saddest when my gorgeous Seiko watch was lost. The buggers also had the cheek to take with them Josh's new shirts. To think that they would also steal from a kid! He was sad... had tears to prove it. And he noted that he would "box" them if he sees them again.

But that episode is behind us as we begin our new adventure in the southern island.

No comments: