Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sunny skies once more?

For the past 2 weeks, I used to have great difficulties getting to work. Once I awake, my body would tell me what to expect for the rest of the day. So I have been fighting a losing battle with gastric pain and wind. Funny, how I cannot quite recall the same symptoms when I was pregnant the first time. All I remembered was vomiting non-stop until I got admitted for drips.

So it is true (to some extent) when they say that when women are pregnant again, they won’t quite remember the details and would be willing to go through it again. Well, I say not if you journal it down! Lol…

Anyway, I have decided that I have to do something about this unpredictable predicament. I cannot be taking MCs and emergency leaves every week. So I negotiated with my boss to start the day later (he is not left with much choice either! haha) which means coming in at a reasonably later time but ensuring that my body is ready to go the distance of 11 km to work along bumpy roads with my trusty old Kancil. And to take a light breakfast (milo + milk + snack) before reporting in. My workplace is now a mini larder with all sorts of food to last me through the day. I need to eat every few hours and will try to do it discreetly out of respect for my muslim colleagues sitting behind me during the puasa month.

Well, so far so good. Really hope this lasts.

1 comment:

hot choc said...

day 95: baby is now urinating

update your blog la. don't tell me u wanna wait till u deliver